[Geysers] 28 and 29 June 2011

Mary Beth Schwarz schwarzmb at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 16:38:36 PDT 2011

On 28 June 2011:

     Fountain 2021

     Lion  2121 initial

     Plume 2125

On 29 June 2011:

     Aurum  0725,  1154ie

     Beehive  0524  (Beehive's Indicator  0506),  about 1724 webcam
(Beehive's Indicator 1712ie webcam)

     Castle 0756 MAJOR

     Daisy  0717,  1000ie

     Fountain  0825 (Thanks Maureen)

     Great Fountain  0530ie (Thanks Sam Holbrook!!)

     Grand 0811 (T1Q) d=12m 48s,    1653ie on the webcam

     Grotto 0544ie

     Lion  0549,  0650 (last of series)

     Little Cub  0657ie,  1206ie

     Oblong  0544ie

     Plume  0539,  0634, 0730,  0826,  1017

     Riverside 1128

     Sawmill  0532ie (end 0605)

     Till  0656ie

     Tilt's Baby  0839 (end 084200) seen on the way in from Grand!

     Uncertain  0722

     At 0645 it was relatively warm in the UGB with no breeze, so the
mosquitoes were bad at Grand and Aurum, and we wished for some wind.  Jim
Scheirer went to Fan & Mortar and called an event cycle starting at 1031
with Main Vent splashing, but F&M did not erupt.  After lunch we got a
strong 29 mph wind with gusts to 50mph and scattered storms.  Kitt said that
as they waited for Oblong, a nearby tree was blown down.

     When Jim arrived, he saw my trike near the road with the bike lock
wrapped around the rear axle so tightly that the basket was leaning and the
spokes almost broke.  It took some effort to untangle it.  I reported to the
Rangers and the Lower Store that someone was messing (vandals or maybe even
trying to steal a bike?) with the bikes/trike, so I hope they will drive by
during the night if they have time.  For tonight my trike is locked to the
end of the bike rack with two locks.

     PLEASE NOTE THAT I OFTEN HAVE times from a couple of days with the
dates clearly labeled.  I noticed that one of the online eruption time sites
had a time I posted for the evening on 27 June placed on 28 June.

     Just after noon I headed home, so Graham can fill us in on the rest of
the day!

     Mary Beth Schwarz