[Geysers] Fan & Mortar 1/27-28

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 28 15:04:03 PST 2011

Though the most fun thing was hearing Beehive at 0821 i.e. this morning, 1/28, when we could see nothing.  Not so fun, hanging around Old Faithful until it finally erupted at 0932; absolutely nothing was visible on our Stardot.

As for Fan & Mortar, the snow by Spiteful was spiky and had an ice crust, and the snow east of it was gone.  In the icy section no footprints could be seen, but old prints were visible on either side.  Bottom Vent was splashing away, however.  So the cam sighting seems right.  I placed a new marker.

Bijou was off at 0925, Grotto was i.e. at 0935, Riverside overflow was i.e. at 0940 (visitors reported an eruption at 1125).

Carolyn Loren