[Geysers] geyser report Fri 5-21-10

Barbara Lasseter barbara.lasseter at gmail.com
Fri May 21 14:27:57 PDT 2010

22 degrees this AM!  It was 49 leaving the park at noon with a very
few snowflakes, but the cold breeze made it feel much cooler.  Every
mile I drove was more sunny.

Picture 140 school children  (Middle school?  If they looked that age
to me, they may have been high schoolers!) arriving at Morning Glory
at pretty much the same time.  Fortunately Riverside erupted and
enhanced the experience.  They departed via the boardwalk--a very
well-bhaved group.

No action from Fan and Mortar during my stay in the UGB.

A tree has fallen across the trail up to Artemisia just beyond Morning
Glory, which should be an effective substitute for the still missing
bike racks.

Plume: 0745, 0844, ...1130
Lion:  0740 (d=3-1/2 minutes), .1032ns
Depression:  1132ie
Aurum:  0737
Beehive was very quiet this AM, even with the big steams of a cool morning.
Grand: 3 bursts at 0548
Castle:  2222e (major)
Oblong: 0545ie
Daisy:  0747
Grotto: 0540ie--it was off when I passed at 0919
Rocket Major:  0638ie
Riverside: 1103

Again, I headed for warmth early.  The forecast for the weekend looks
like cold and snow.

Barbara Lasseter