[Geysers] What did I see?

Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov Lee_Whittlesey at nps.gov
Thu May 20 07:39:15 PDT 2010

Janet---If it was really tall, it was probably Round Geyser, in the Myriad
Group.  Round used to erupt fairly often back in the eighties and people
would say, "I saw a geyser out there erupt as tall as Old Faithful."   Both
White Geyser and Myriad Geyser (also out there south of the General Store)
are not as tall.

Lee Whittlesey

             Snowmoon Imaging
             Services
             <janet at snowmoon.u                                          To
             s>                        Geyser Observation Reports
             Sent by:                  <geysers at lists.wallawalla.edu>
             <geysers-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.wallawalla.
             edu>                                                  Subject
                                       Re: [Geysers] What did I see?

             05/19/2010 08:11
             PM

             Please respond to
                  Geyser
                Observation
                  Reports
             <geysers at lists.wa
               llawalla.edu>

This topic reminded me of something I saw erupting in that area last
August. I gave up trying to locate or figure out. Attached are two
photos from Aug 13, 2009 - both taken from about the same spot - by the
Lion group. What I saw erupted  nearly as tall as the shorter trees
behind it - but both times, by the time I noticed it, the eruption had
ended, but I took a photo anyway. The eruption was as wide as the
branches on the trees closest to it - not knowing distance between, it's
hard to say exactly how wide, but wide enough to catch my eye. Had the
wrong lens on to get a close up and silently cursed that at the time,
but maybe the  shorter lens gives the location better. Not sure if this
is the same feature or not, but this is what I caught.

First photo (090813J2720) taken at 0922.
Second photo (090813J2806) taken at 1030 - shows the tail end of the water.

Janet White
SnowMoon Photography
janet at snowmoon.us
http://snowmoon.us