[Geysers] What did I see?

Snowmoon Imaging Services janet at snowmoon.us
Wed May 19 19:11:10 PDT 2010

This topic reminded me of something I saw erupting in that area last
August. I gave up trying to locate or figure out. Attached are two
photos from Aug 13, 2009 - both taken from about the same spot - by the
Lion group. What I saw erupted  nearly as tall as the shorter trees
behind it - but both times, by the time I noticed it, the eruption had
ended, but I took a photo anyway. The eruption was as wide as the
branches on the trees closest to it - not knowing distance between, it's
hard to say exactly how wide, but wide enough to catch my eye. Had the
wrong lens on to get a close up and silently cursed that at the time,
but maybe the  shorter lens gives the location better. Not sure if this
is the same feature or not, but this is what I caught.

First photo (090813J2720) taken at 0922.
Second photo (090813J2806) taken at 1030 - shows the tail end of the water.

Janet White
SnowMoon Photography
janet at snowmoon.us
http://snowmoon.us