[Geysers] Cutting down trees and bushes - ha ha

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Mon Mar 2 07:15:10 PST 2009

All you folks trying to get the trees removed from in front of the Inn,
and the bushes removed - I say "Ha Ha".  Why don't you work on something
you have a chance of changing?

I'm sure there was some laughter before we got the night lighting in the
Old Faithful area reduced.  Cutting back on night lighting enhanced the
vista of the night sky, not very dissimilar to what is needed today.
And cutting trees is not unprecedented, as Paul pointed out, the Bridge
Bay campground was clear cut to mitigate a dangerous condition.  I
certainly hope that a nasty windstorm doesn't damage the Inn, its guests
or vehicles in the lot, but that's what it may take to get things done.
Hmmmm.

And you think you're going to get them to "Cut down the trees so you can
see something you can see if you just get off your butt and walk a few
hundred feet".

After being out in the basins all day some of us enjoy an evening
playing cards and socializing on the second floor.  It'd be nice to be
able to also view the geysers while doing so.  I gladly walk a few
hundred feet to see an eruption, but if my view is totally blocked where
I happen to be then I can't see it, can I?  Now that the Inn has been
restored, it's time to restore the historical view that was once
available for guests to enjoy.  It's why the building is where it is and
oriented the way it is.
Thanks,
Udo Freund
Blessed are those that run around in circles for they shall be called
big wheels!