[Geysers] Geyser Report 7/26

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:35:48 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Sunday, July 26.

Today was a day that started with sunshine which turned into a very
heavy looking storm. Old Faithful area got wet, but not as wet as
other areas. The roads around Old Faithful were much drier than the
roads closer to Grant Village. After the storm passed, a very
beautiful double rainbow came into view, which was great for me since
I had decided to make the walk towards Artemesia. I was treated to a
great view.

The biggest news of the day is Fan and Mortar erupting at 1240, as Pat
already reported. It was preceded by a Double River Pause. The
eruption came out of a lock. The interval was 3d19h35m (if my math is
correct).

Beehive erupted at 1010 following the 0956 Indicator for an interval
of 13h01m, and again at 2229 (Ind. 2213) for an interval of 12h19m.

Other geyser times for the day:
Grotto 0932ie, 1520
Lion 0932, 1058, 1237, 1933, 2058
Oblong 1000ie, 2037ie
Castle 0825 major
Daisy 0552, 0813, 1035, 1443, 1703, 1921
Fountain 0958
Grand 0810, 1822
Great Fountain 0959
Riverside 0557, 1144
Plume 0809, 1012, 1113, 1307, 1500, 1755, 2055

I saw Uncertain at 2053. I only had to wait for about 15 minutes, it
was great! The sky was beautiful for the eruption. If only the
eruption had taken place about 5 minutes earlier, I would have gotten
to Lion in time for the start, but I will take an Uncertain start any
day.

Sawmill was 2107ie on the way back from the late evening Lion.

That's all for today.

-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son