[Geysers] Dialup service and Large messages

Laurie Brown lauriebr at netw.com
Mon Jan 12 22:00:09 PST 2009

  I realize this has been brought up in the past, but those of us on dial up service find our incoming messages blocked completely by a large message that causes the server connection to time out before the download can be completed.  All subsequent messages are blocked.  I received 2 such messages tonight-am struggling to get past the second one now--HELP!

  One  way around this is to go to your server's home page and go to your web based email page. Most any server, no matter how small, will have the option to view your email on their web page. Once you are there, you can delete the large messages- they should have the size of the messages on them, by the subject/sender etc info. Once the large pictures are gone from the web page, you should be able to download the rest of your mail with no problems.

  Having slow dial up myself, I have to do this frequently.

  Laurie Brown, Dark Phoenix
  lauriebr at netw.com
  http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/103910/laurie_brown.html