[Geysers] Fountain & Artemesia

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 21:13:28 PST 2009

Today, Sunday, 1/11/09, I caught the tail end of Fountain Geyser in eruption while on my Firehole Basin Adventure tour.  It ended at 1356.  Tonight, I thought I'd be able to catch it again on my Steam & Stars tour, but I missed it.  Clepsydra restarted at 1946.  So Fountain seems to be going a little on the short side.

An employee (Jennifer Mast) who was out skiing with her family reported being at Artemesia and it being in eruption at about 1310.  She said when they went back by at about 1320, it had finished erupting.

Karen Low