[Geysers] Geyser question

Eric Hatfield conanvandt at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 17:49:32 PST 2009

Imperial.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 2, 2009, at 2:48 PM, Andrew Hafner <geyserhound at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello all,

  I'm wondering if you can help me with a geyser question from someone's visit to Yellowstone a long time ago.
  My mother and her family visited Yellowstone in early to mid-June of 1966, as part of a larger swing through the western U.S. She, along with my late grandfather, have told me stories about their time in the park. My grandfather mentioned that they saw a "big, unusual geyser" erupt while there. The rangers told him it was the first time the geyser had erupted in a while. This has intrigued me ever since, and I'm curious as to just what geyser it might have been. I know that Steamboat had some eruptions that year, but not much else. Suggestions, anyone?

Thank you.
Andrew Hafner

Chat with Messenger straight from your Hotmail inbox. Check it out