[Geysers] Geyser question--Round Geyser in 1966

Lynn Stephens lstephens2006 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 3 20:09:18 PST 2009

Marler's only comment about Round Geyser in his reports of monthly activity for May through September was in the May report where Marler wrote:

            Round Geyser, located in the Myriad Group, shows no evidence of recent activity.  The 1959 earthquake stimulated it into an active cycle.  It was quite active in 1960 and occasionally has erupted since that year.  Most of the eruptions I have observed have not been more than 6 to 10 feet, nothing comparable to that reported last winter by the Schafer Party.  Like a number of geysers it would seem to have both minor and major eruptions.

Lynn Stephens