[Geysers] Geyser Report 8/21

Ben Hoppe ben.hoppe at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 23:42:18 PDT 2009

All times, unless otherwise noted, are from Friday, August 21.

Another beautiful day!  It felt like the temperatures were near 80,
maybe warmer, with little to no breeze most of the day, though there
was some mid-afternoon. The evening was perfect, and I am not
embellishing. It was not too warm, and it was not too cold, it was
right in the middle. It seemed like the construction crew was taking
advantage of it. Some roofing was being put up on the OFVEC yet at
2000. The roof facing the Post Office/Clinic is over half done.

I did go out and catch the overnight Beehive. It was a clear night
full of stars (and shooting stars). Beehive erupted at 0142 with the
Indicator at 0133. This afternoon we had the Indicator at 1408, and
Beehive following it at 1422.

Plume had eruptions at 0053, 0146, 0814, 0913, 1110, 1201, 1254, 1349,
1445, 1532. Barb Lasseter (I hope I spelled it correctly) had over 55
people at the 1254 eruption. I was at Anemone and managed to take a
picture of a large group of people standing at Plume both while it was
erupting and while it was not erupting.

Castle had a minor at 1110 and began at 2107ns. I am not sure what the
eruption ended up being.

Daisy 0635ie, 0856ie, 1112ns, 1331ie, 1653, 1906.
Grand 1023, 1935 (T1Q)
Riverside 1011ns, 1600
Grotto 0650ie
Lion 0758, 1351, 1523. I told one lady that it might erupt about 1.5
hours after the 1351. And a few more heard about it. So I then had
about 50 people there for the second Lion in the series. I was very
thankful that it erupted.
Plate 0922ie
Penta steam phase eruptions at 0655 and 1951
Oblong 1214
Artemisia 0959
Rift 1644ie (off at 1818).

Today seemed to be a day full of crowds at any geysers. I think a
large part of it had to do with the beautiful weather. I spent about 2
hours taking notes on Anemone, and for most eruptions crowds of about
15-25 people gathered. The Beehive eruption this afternoon followed an
Old Faithful by about 40 minutes, so naturally there were plenty of
people there. I decided to stay at Anemone and away from the large
crowd. I got sprinkled with water, but not doused like those who could
not move and were closer to Beehive.

That's all for today!
-Ben Hoppe

--
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ
lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son