[Geysers] Obama visit to YNP

Seeyellowstone at aol.com Seeyellowstone at aol.com
Fri Aug 14 20:53:23 PDT 2009

Some other details about Obama's visit, he is spending the night here in
Big Sky, before likely traveling by helicopter or motorcade to Old  Faithful.
 Today he traveled by motorcade between Belgrade and Big Sky's  Mountain
Village, and there was a law enforcement official in every pullout in  the
canyon.  Michelle and the kids white water rafted the Gallatin today,  and had
to cancel the zip line, because of the thunderstorm that ran through  here,
which toppled several trees here in the Mountain Village.  We  had at least
50 to 75 cop cars up here including Rangers from the Gallatin,  Grant and
Madison Districts.  Everything went smooth, and we expect him to  fly or drive
out tomorrow (Saturday) morning.  It is nice to see a  president take
interest in Yellowstone again, and it was nice to see everyone  (at least here in
Big Sky) real polite and civil with each other.   Obviously, with the
parking lot in front of the Inn closed, it looks like  the Obama's will be geyser
gazing.  Go Beehive, Grand, Castle or what ever  else would like to erupt
during his visit!

Jim
Yellowstone Tour Guides