[Geysers] Mystery

SCOTT BRYAN tsbryan_380 at msn.com
Fri Oct 3 07:49:57 PDT 2008

Many things do not fit with this report. Looking southeast from Washburn Hot Springs Overlook is most decidedly NOT looking toward Old Faithful, which from there is many miles away over and beyond the Central Plateau.  Indeed, SE from that overlook would be looking across the canyon toward such places as Josephs Coat, Coffee Pot, and etc. I find it extremely difficult to believe that anything other than steam cloud(s) were seen -- steam clouds that can appear to come-and-go when there is even only a slight breeze.

Without further explanation/description of the location -- are there photos? -- I'd say steam east of the canyon is what was seen.

Scott Bryan