[Geysers] Geyser report May 18

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 19 20:24:56 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/19/2008 7:14:24 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
kscope_ynp at peoplepc.com writes:

The  periods of boiling in Excelsior are not uncommon.  Over the years while
thermal cleaning I have been inside the crater and seen wash along the
western  side and periods of boiling a couple of feet taller than me while working
on  the southern side below the overlook.  In 2001 and 2002 it would have
these several times an hour when we would be working in the area, a couple of
times loud enough to be heard as far away as Turquoise  Pool.

No, periods of boiling are not uncommon in Excelsior. We're talking about
people familiar with the thing commenting about strong boiling/surging.
REcalling the report, true or not, of the major runoff channels being empty  about 3
weeks ago. And this morning there appeared to be fresh and wet runoff
"channels" where there aren't usually any such things. A quick look found  nothing
out of the ordinary. All I'm saying -- people have been reporting things  that
aren't the norm. It's worth paying attention.

Scott

favorites at AOL Food.