[Geysers] Geyser report May 17

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat May 17 15:46:52 PDT 2008

I'll start with the downbasin stuff, since the trails were reopened today  at
about 1045.

Fan and Mortar markers were in place at about 1115.

We probably missed Riverside when were were waiting for Beehive before the
trails were opened. It was finally seen in overflow at 1515.

Daisy 0726ie, 0936ie, 1141, and 1336.

Grotto 0810ns and off before 0950.
Grotto Fountain 1349, Grotto 1351.

Giant is up to the same old stuff, though it does have one new trick. This
is that roughly 1 hour after some event (bathtub or hot period), there is a
really puny footbath. Then it will be 30 to 40 minutes until the next event. It
did that twice today. Note that Bijou did not turn off today.
1127 GHP, one of those with Feather, SW, bubbling in Rust, and Cave to 2
feet for a few seconds before Mastiff drained quickly, d = 2m 34s
1236, very poor footbath
1306 GHP, weak Feather and SW, d = 1m 30s.
1405, even poorer footbath
1439 GHP, Feather and SW, slight bubbling in Cave, d = 1m 50s.
I departed.

Oblong 0842ns and 1400.

Grand 0353E and 1112 (T2Q).

I didn't write down the times except 1202ie (I was always elsewhere),  but
Churn had some eruptions today. Penta, however, has not erupted since I  placed
my marker on Thursday morning.

Castle 0802 minor (d ~ 5 min), 1140 major.

Lots of splashing by Lion but no eruption was ever called as of 1515.

Aurum 1009.

Beehive's Indicator 1040, Beehive 1040 -- another of those where the
Indicator started only a few seconds before Beehive (which had really tried to  erupt
earlier).

Early, Plume intervals of 65, 65, and 60; later, double intervals of 127  and
123 minutes.

Fountain was reported as 1050 start time. This certainly fits, since Jim
Scheirer (now here for the season) felt that it must have been around  0500.

Mike Lang, Kitt Barger, Kendall and Curtis Madsen, and Heinrich Koenig are
here, too.

favorites at AOL Food.