[Geysers] Further May 5 Geyser Report -UGB

Bill Warnock billwarnock at wyellowstone.com
Mon May 5 19:40:23 PDT 2008

I missed Beehive by a few minutes and talked with Scott before he left for Norris.  I expected rather dull doings with the bear closure but was pleasantly surprised.  Spent most of the time at the Castle platform with beautiful sunny shirt-sleeve weather - 60's with little wind:

Bijou:  ON thruout my stay...maybe hot pds.; hard to tell
Grand 1042 (?2C)
Plume 1058  1150  (lunch)  1420  1509
Aurum 1112 n.s.
Grotto 1241
Uncertain 1312 n.s.
Castle 1340
Oblong 1412 - MASSIVE and HIGH
Rocket Major 1421 - lasted a couple of minutes, over trees on ridge
Daisy 1456 1647 (note:  less than 2hr interval!)
Riverside 1548
Penta 1607

Grotto was still going strong at 1715 when I left, and Bijou on.  I waited 4 hours and 36 minutes after the Grotto start to make sure....  Rivers rising visibly each day.  Back tomorrow--Go Giant.