[Geysers] Bryan Mysteries and Madagascar

Jeff Cross Jeff.Cross at wallawalla.edu
Thu Mar 20 18:56:54 PDT 2008

Gibbon Hill Geyser.  Very pretty.

Jeff Cross

From: geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu [mailto:geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu] On Behalf Of SCOTT BRYAN
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 8:50 AM
To: geyser observation reports
Subject: [Geysers] Bryan Mysteries and Madagascar

Yes, my Bryan Mystery 18-08 showed Spa Geyser, as photographed in August 1985.

Attached is Bryan Mystery 10-08. Including this, I have only 4 more, and all should be pretty easy.

As for the Madagascar video, those "geysers" are along the Masy River. They are apparently natural, "soda-pop" geysers -- they do have intermittent eruptions supposedly as much as 10 feet high, but the water temperature is only around 120F. The deposits are travertine.