[Geysers] Fountain Geyser behavior change in late May

Ralph Taylor ralpht at fuse.net
Sat Jun 7 17:19:55 PDT 2008

I am still clearing out a backlog of data files that I received upon arrival
at Old Faithful.  I just finished Fountain Geyser through 27 May, and noted
that the intervals, which had been stable between 5h30m and 6h00m abruptly
began to increase on 21 May.  The increase continued to the end of the data
on 27 May, at which time intervals were between 8 and 9 hours.  The
durations increased also, from 30m to 35+ minutes.

The data and graphs are posted to the GOSA website.

Ralph Taylor