[Geysers] Short geyser report June 7

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jun 7 13:01:29 PDT 2008

Nice at dawn and some nice sunshine in mid-morning, but all too brief. Once
again I drove out in some rather had snow, though today it wasn't sticking to
the road. Snowing lightly here in West as I write. Crud.

Great Fountain at about 0620 looked almost as if it was in a steam phase,
but upon careful listening I could hear splashing at some great, echoing depth.
Shortly after 1100 the steam was gentle.

Bead 0631 and 0703.

Narcissus 0654 (appeared to be a short duration).

There seems to have been a bit of an "energy surge" to the "Steel Bridge
Springs," as today I again saw the northernmost spring erupt to 2 feet or so
plus I saw 1-foot splashing in another spring that I don't recall ever noticing
before.

At Biscuit Basin, Avoca continues the freqeuent, brief eruptions. Silver
Globe is WAY down, the Silver Globe Geysers across the boardwalk are much higher
than before but do not appear to be erupting. Also, at the far north, Outpost
 and Sentry have reactivated since I was last out there in mid-May.

No changes in the biggies down the UGB.

Riverside 0933.

Daisy 0738ie and 0941.

Oblong was huge at 1030.

No overnight Grand call, and no Grand while I was there.

I walked up on Uncertain at 0820.

Castle 0719ns minor.

Around 0730, Lion's steam puffs implied the end of a series.

Aurum 0842.

Beehive was in the night and having infrequent, small splashes this  morning,
implying an eruption at 0100 or before.

My single Plume interval for the day was 64 minutes.

Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.