[Geysers] research question: immediately after the 1959 earthquake

Meg Justus megj at nwlink.com
Fri Feb 15 17:25:37 PST 2008

Can anyone on this most informative list point me to websites, articles, books, whatever that talk in detail about the effects of the 1959 Hebgen Lake earthquake on the Park, most specifically on the thermal features and the infrastructure (including boardwalks, trails, etc., not just roads and buildings)?

I'm Interlibrary Loaning Marler's paper/pamphlet on the subject, but it'll be a few weeks coming, and I have a copy of The Night the Mountain Fell, and I've run across an article or two on the web written by folks who were in the park at the time, but I was wondering if there was more hiding anywhere.  I've searched Worldcat and made a fairly extensive Google search.

Should I just be patient and wait for Marler now or can anyone send me to something else?

Thanks!

Meg Justus
working on the second volume now, Janet <g>