[Geysers] Meech 14 and 15

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 19:46:57 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 10:54 AM, SCOTT BRYAN <tsbryan_380 at msn.com> wrote:

> Well now -- My photos are all slides so I have nothing to attach here --
> but unless there have been some pretty dramatic changes in the last few
> years (well, OK, 30 years, so possible) including considerable excavation of
> the ground AND significant deposition of sinter, I cannot believe the #14 is
> radiator. Maybe I just haven't paid attention recently, and I guess I have
> to try to look this summer.

   I started to write a message agreeing with Scott that that sure doesn't
look like Radiator, when I remembered that I had gone digital photo crazy
last summer, and, among other areas, I took a whole bunch of photos of the
features near Daisy.  I decided to try to find one of the Radiator area.
Turns out I didn't take one, but I _did_ find a couple that resolved the
identity of #14 to my satisfaction.

   Radiator is actually a good distance off to the right from the photo.
The erupting feature is sometimes mistaken for Radiator, but is actually
unnamed, as far as I know.  The hole into which it is draining, however,
_is_ named, and even used to have a sign identifying it (can't remember
whether it still did last summer).  Also, if it was behaving as I'm used to,
Daisy had just erupted when #14 was taken.

   So... name that empty hole?

David Schwarz