[Geysers] Mountain Bikes on Nat'l Park trails

Jan and Lew janet.johns5 at verizon.net
Sat Dec 20 19:59:44 PST 2008

I could finally make it out to Shoshone, bad foot and all---wow.   We've
biked many trails in many states.  Al l of the bike trails we've been on are
also hiking trails and generally speaking hikers and bikers are fine
together.  Bears....well....I don't want to meet one walking or on a bike.
Groups and noise are the best policy same as always.  The ruts are because
the trail isn't being properly maintained for either bikes or hikers. A well
maintained trail does not have ruts.   That is an issue that should be
addressed and would make a better trail for both.  As for off trail
biking...yep a problem...so is off trail everything. A risk to both the
rider and the features if not properly informed and fined.

Jan Johns