[Geysers] Norris 8-16-08 Ledge Erupts

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 20:37:52 PDT 2008

   I'm attaching two pictures that I took on June 30, 2008.  One shows, from
left to right, the new vent, the index finger (Red Vent), and, just below
center, what should be the main vent.  This was the angle that got my
attention, because the rocky outcrop above the main vent (visible in
Jocelyne's second picture, which I assume is from 2007) is completely
absent.  Instead, the formation slopes in a gentle curve from the index
finger to where the main vent should be.  It's as if it collapsed into the
vent.  The second photo is from below, looking up the trail.  The main vent
should be just below and right of center, but again, I couldn't find any
sign of it.  That's Black Growler on the right, by the way.  It was being
dwarfed (as a steam vent) by Guardian while I was there.

David Schwarz