[Geysers] Norris 8-16-08 Ledge Erupts

David Schwarz david.schwarz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 19:08:21 PDT 2008

   I meant to send in a brief report on Norris after a couple of visits at
the beginning of July.  One of my main observations was that I couldn't seem
to find Ledge's main vent.  The jut of rock that used to be above it was
definitely missing, and I got the impression that the hillside above and
next to it (toward Guardian) had kind of slumped into the vent.  I took some
high-res closeup photos of it to try to convince myself one way or another,
but until I saw Mike's photo, I thought I might have been imagining it.
There was also a lot of erosion around what we used to call the "Red Vent"
(biggest finger, which I assume is the tallest jet in the picture) that
almost looked like a new vent forming.

   I'll post some pictures and whatever else I can put together from my
notes later--I currently don't have access to either.

David