[Geysers] Geyser Report 4-24-08

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Fri Apr 25 17:01:01 PDT 2008

Another snowy afternoon/evening the geyser basins:

I spent 35 minutes by Little Brother-again no activity.

Closed intervals on Three Crater were timed at 10, 11, and 13 minutes.

Fountain Geyser was 1749ie.

As Fountain had erupted and the Upper Basin is still closed I decided to sit
by Black Diamond at Biscuit Basin.  After watching it sit and bubble in many
areas, it surprised me by erupting at 1943, duration 23 seconds, height
25-30 feet.  As with the eruption I saw last year, there was no noticeable
change or warning from it-one second it was grey and bubbling, the next it
was erupting.  It was also clear that this eruption was much smaller than
some others it has been having lately as it didn't come close to touching
the wash areas around it.

MK