[Geysers] Geyser report April 26

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Apr 26 16:14:46 PDT 2008

A much nicer day, a few puffy clouds but a lot of sun, wind not too bad,  and
(after a morning low of about 12 degrees) the temp finally up to about 40.
Supposed to be decent and upper 40s tomorrow.

Trails are still closed. Story is that there are too many too-fresh
carcasses out there.

Till ie minor at 0855.

On the drive in, Jewel was 0900 and 0905. Later , I saw it at 1448:50 (2
bursts), 1556:02 (3), and 1502:30 (3). Note the rather short intervals but,
aslso, few bursts.

I maybe didn't pay good attention a week ago -- Outpost and Sentry are
completely dormant, with runoff into Outpost from the small round pool just to  the
north.

Plume was having much longer intervals today, starting at 0951 they were
intervals of (nice sequence) 63, 64, 65, and 66 minutes.

Beehives Indicator started at 1238, Beehive at 1253. Question: this was 24h
04m from yesterday's eruption -- single interval or double? (I've seen
Beehive on 5 of my 6 trips in this year.)

Lion erupted at 0834 per the VC (not know if that was the initial or not),
then at 0947, 1040, 1148, 1249. Starting at 1357 it had a lot of roars but no
additional eruption.

Aurum was at 0930 and "approximately" 1330

No Grand while I was there. Castle was splashing all morning and into the
afternoon, so it probably had an early-daylight minor.

Sprinkler is different. I got start times of 0926, 0956, 1014, and 1039,  all
with durations of less than 5 minutes.

Oblong 1019.

Riverside 1032

Daisy 1051 ns steam cloud

Grotto 1140 ns, duration less than 20 minutes. Next observation had Grotto
1340 ie

>From Biscuit Basin, I caught a short duration Atomizer at 1501.

Scott Bryan

P.S. -- I will pass along the question asked several times: "Do you know
when Lynn and Mary Beth will be arriving?"

listings at AOL Autos.