[Geysers] Cellular data service in YNP

Dean L lohrenzd at msn.com
Thu Apr 24 21:26:24 PDT 2008

I can only tie this to geysers by saying it would give us a better/faster way to post to the list serve.  However my main interest is for purposes of working from Old Faithful this summer.  I know cell towers in the park are controversial, and I really hope this doesn't start a discussion on whether they should be there at all.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had positive or negative experiences with data service and internet access in the park via cellular.  My main interest is cellular data cards that go in laptops, but experience with "tethering" a phone to a computer for internet access or just using a smart phone or PDA would be helpful also.  Right now, my company plans to get me an AT&T air card, but I have some doubts about AT&T working at all.  I'm most interested in the Old Faithful area, of course.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Dean Lohrenz