[Geysers] Norris

MA Bellingham mabdepot at msn.com
Thu Apr 24 21:25:55 PDT 2008

Steve -  I visited Norris on opening day Friday, and Saturday. At that time the boardwalks were snowpacked with snow reaching the railing height and above.  Rotten snow on the sides reveals big holes that are dangerous, but the middle is packed.   I don't know what the passage of a week might have done to open things up.  There were bear tracks in the bare earth near Echinus.  The ice cone by Black Growler and Guardian is spectacular!  Attached see the bench/platform area at Echinus and Steamboat steps.   MA  M.A. Bellinghammabdepot at msn.com

From: stepheneide at cableone.netTo: geysers at lists.wallawalla.eduDate: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 15:08:38 -0700Subject: [Geysers] NorrisGreetings and Salutations,I'm a bit work delayed, but I hope to make it to the park by Monday, maybe Sunday.  Has anyone been to Norris to know how easy it is to get around and if there have been any bear issues there?  Hopefully the parking lot is open, but since it took a while to open the Fountain lot I guess it may be best to check that out before hand also.  Thank you for any help and information,Steve Eide

Msg sent via CableONE.net MyMail - http://www.cableone.net