[Geysers] Geyser report May 13

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 13 16:58:27 PDT 2007

This is a rather short report because I divided practically all of my time
between two places.

Giant did not erupt. The Grotto marathon reported on yesterday continued
until at least 2215 last night, giving a duration of 27+ hours. When it quit in
the night is not known, but Variably Spring was completely recovered by 0800.
Nevertheless, the recovery hot period did not take place until 1448. I was
elsewhere (see below), but I am told that during the first 2 minutes or so,
Mastiff sureged up to about 8 feet. But then it died and was flat to weak for
the remainder of the 10-minute duration.

"Tour Guide Brad" (which I think must be Brad Barth, a very knowledgable
person) reported a Fountain-Morning dual eruption, 1000ie. So I abandoned the
hot period sit to go check. Yes, I think Morning might well have erupted, though
 I cannot say so 100%. But a rather wet runoo channel extended out of sight
down  the hill to the east of Morning, Jelly erupted one time that I saw from a
low  pool of ugly brown-green, foamy water, and Jet was having intervals
ranging  between 3 and 12 minutes. This observation began about 3 1/2 hours after
the  reported eruption. So something happened.

Other items:

Grand was 0514E, then not again until 1507. And that was a 1 burst eruption
with a duration, I'm told, of "exactly 9m 00s".

Daisy 0734E and 1044.

Depression at 0728ie seemed to fit the apparent 21-hour (+ or-) intervals
we've been seeing -- until John said he saw an empty crater near dark last
night.

Guess that's it for today!