[Geysers] Morning activity May 13

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun May 13 18:49:04 PDT 2007

I just talked to Brad Barth, a long-time and reliable tour guide, and it  was
indeed he who made the report abouot Morning... errr, this morning. He is
one of the fulltime drivers of the big yellow Buffalo Bus rigs -- you've
probably all seen him, even if you didn't know it. He said:

Fountain was in eruption as they entered Fountain Flat. He tried to hurry
his group up to the mud pots and beyond in order to see some of Fountain. They
were successful. While all the way out by Spasm is apparently when Morning
started. There was a series of bursts, mostly 25-30 feet high but one that Brad
feels hit at least 80 feet. These were definitely from the pool of Morning
and  not Morning's Thief. One of his passengers got some video of it, video
apparently already seen by people in the OFVC.

Fountain had a total duration in excess of 40 minutes and at times was
tossing rocks, which Brad thought maybe were being washed over to Fountain by
Morning's action.

And I had not heard this before now: apparently Morning also had a
confirmed-by-photo eruption sometime in mid-winter.

Stay tuned.