[Geysers] Upper Geyser Basin 3/11/2007 and Beehive 3/12 1531 camtime.

Karen Low yellowstonekaren at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 12 17:12:51 PDT 2007

David Goldberg said he'd check the data again when he is in Visitor's Center dropping off Hank Heasler's equipment.  He remembers it was a nice long marathon, but doesn't remember specifically what it was or when it started.

  Thanks Graham, for the congratulations, and also for the Beehive information.  At that time in the afternoon, I was checking out of my dorm room, and David was on the computer in the back of the VC.

  Karen Low

Graham Meech <meechg at verizon.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Thanks for the data Karen and David.  Congratulations on your acceptance to grad school too Karen.

  I am curious when Grotto restarted on Feb 22/23.  It ended ~0715 in the morning of the 22nd and then had a hot period before 1000 that I missed which cleared a lot of snow from the platform (but didn’t clear India).  Giant and Grotto may still have been recovering from the marathon when Giant erupted but it wasn’t the classic marathon recovery eruption where it erupts on the first hot period after the marathon.  Giant had at least 4 hot periods in daylight (others at 1213 d=9m, 1528, and 1712) and then erupted overnight.  I didn’t see Grotto again all day on the 22nd.

  We also had Beehive at 1531 webcam time today Mar 12.  Looked like a no-indicator eruption to me.

  Graham.