[Geysers] Answers to "what geyser is this?"

Cynthia Barwin rfbarwin at charter.net
Fri Jul 6 18:53:03 PDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <snorkology at sysmatrix.net>
To: <geysers at wwc.edu>
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2007 9:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Geysers] Answers to "what geyser is this?"

> Of course the biggest question is, how could they have gotten the I.D. so
> drastically wrong? I suspect that calling a new geyser some name with the
> word "Fountain" in it was very commonplace.

Over the years I've come across a number of mistitled images of YNP geysers
and springs from the days of yore.  I recently picked up an 1896 BW Kilburn
stereo titled - Saw Mill Geyser.  The image is of Castle : )   There's also
a Webster & Albee stereo titled Spasmodic Geyser and in all likelihood it is
Economic.

Happy Trails-

Cynthia Barwin