[Geysers] Steamboat?

s at weststartv.com s at weststartv.com
Sun Feb 25 16:09:13 PST 2007

Greetings All,

Very interesting indeed.  The two times before that I know
of this happening were in January, 1994 during a
"localized disturbance" in the Back Basin at Norris.
 There were other strange things at that time.  Puf N Stuf
was erupting to around three meters, Yellow Funnel drained
and was in a pretty strong steam phase, Green Dragon was
erupting up to the roof of the cave and Hydrophane Springs
area was down and several small vents out there were
erupting or in steam.
The second time this happened was in April of 1995. ( The
same time that "The Gap" area broke out )  Again, there
were indications of a "localized disturbance" in the Back
Basin.  There was the outbreak of thermal activity in 100
Springs area and this was a time of some of the best
eruptions I have ever seen of Medusa Geyser.
It will certainly be most interesting to see what the
current YNP staff have to say.
Being several thousand miles from my logs and records, I
can only provide the information from my memory and some
of the notes that are on my computer here.

Take Care,

Smokey