[Geysers] Giant & Streaming Video

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 5 15:49:16 PST 2007

Thanks for pointing that out Ralph.  I think it's also worth noting that the electronic log for Grotto has it starting at 1535e, which lines up with the time that the steam cloud appeared on the webcam.  I wasn't watching that day so I cannot provide further comment.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com

From: ralpht at fuse.netTo: geysers at lists.wallawalla.eduSubject: RE: [Geysers] Giant & Streaming VideoDate: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 19:42:58 -0500

Sorry to chime in late,  but I have been analyzing the November 23 download data and noted a very short interval (2h19m) of Oblong Geyser at 23:07 on 21 November, and most of the short intervals have occurred following a Giant eruption.  Certainly not convincing in itself, but in conjunction with the steam cloud, interesting.

Ralph Taylor

From: geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu [mailto:geysers-bounces at lists.wallawalla.edu] On Behalf Of David SchwarzSent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 10:16 AMTo: geyser observation reportsSubject: Re: [Geysers] Giant & Streaming Video
   Yeah, I was wondering why nobody mentioned that.  I had the streaming cam open at work all day Wednesday, and it looked like Giant started between 15:30 and 15:45 MST.  I didn't think to get any screenshots, but whoever was operating the streaming webcam focused on it for a while, so it was at least noticed locally.  Along with the eruption this morning, that would make two intervals in the three to three-and-a-half day range. David Schwarz