[Geysers] visitor center radio reception

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 22 11:25:21 PDT 2007

As you know if you've been in the basin, the temporary visitor center has terrible radio reception, not only because of the din when it's busy.  I no longer remember who, but someone suggested a Radio Shack antenna that would boost the reception for GOSA radios.

Megan_O'Malley at nps.gov is the person to give any info. or suggestions you have; she hasn't found a product searching the internet.  Do tell her and not me, as I'm off on Sunday for a month at the Alaska cabin.  Quick info. would be good; there's a little money that can be spent, soon!, for such things.

Thanks for your help,

Carolyn at Old Faithful