[Geysers] Geyser report August 21

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Aug 21 16:13:49 PDT 2007

Yesterday's Grotto marathon ended sometime after everybody left yesterday
evening and the recovery happened before dawn today. Today, Grotto Fountain and
Grotto followed the new rule, in that the first activity following that
marathon  was a solo Grotto Fountain (no Grotto), at 1058. The next Grotto Fountain
was at  1351, with Grotto joining in at 1403.

Giant hot periods were observed: 0801 (d = 5m36s), --?--, 0947 (5m02s),  1054
(2m58s), 1200 (4m06s), 1252 (bathtub), 1343 (2-3 min), and 1436  (bathtub).

Daisy 0843, 1148 and apparently in the vicinity of 1430? (somehow I missed
it and was later told that it had happened).

Oblong 0806 and 1305.

Now, Grand presents a fun story. Last evening, 8/20, it erupted at 1958
(visual by Mary Beth, Mike and others); today, however, the electronic time
showed up as 1900 -- this was checked and double checked with the same result.  So
what does that say about the overnight time of 0304E? One might assume that
it, too, would be an hour off and that the real electronic time should be
(about) 0404E. But then there was a report that somebody in fact saw Grand
shortly after 0300. Well, foo.

Anyhow, Grand did have a hard time today. First there was a long (37 minute
! ) Turban delay shortly after 1000, and later at 1204 there was a Vent delay.
 Grand finally erupted at 1415 and it you put it all together, it was
D12V7/T1C  with a duration of about 9m 20s. Are we thrilled?

Jim saw Penta in full eruption at 0613ie. Mike got Uncertain at 0816.

Castle last evening was 1920E following a minor, then at 0911 today  (major).

Tilt's Baby was seen at least twice today, both times with full-force
eruptions reaching up and out some 8 to 10 feet.

Lion was 1251 initial, but I heard no additional calls (probably, we were
all being enthralled by Grand).

The only Plume interval I recorded was of 67 minutes.

Upon returning from Grand, we saw Beehive's Indicator at 1432ie, Beehive at
1441.

During a jaunt to the Lower Basin:

Pink 1037.

Pink Cone 1058.