[Geysers] Tiny Geyser pictures?

Mario Durrant yellowstone17 at bridgernet.com
Wed Sep 6 21:35:14 PDT 2006

>>I will be sending a picture of what I think was Tiny Geyser in a couple of weeks-- Brad has the photos on his digital card and he will get me a copy when I see him on Labor Day.  The feature matched the description in T.S. Bryan's book, but was acting as a perpetual spouter for the entire 30 minutes it was under observation, erupting a few inches high into a small pool with a red algae floor just to the south of the geyser.  Hopefully when I send the pictures, those who have been there before may be able to identify it.<<

As promised, here are the best pictures we got, although sadly they didn't catch any splashes out of the vent-- this feature erupted continuously during our stay in the area.  I wonder if Paul and Suzanne Strasser and Tara Cross saw the same activity from it when they visited Geyser Creek on 8/23?

One more stupid question-- In a Norris report some time ago Mike Keller had mentioned the unnamed perpetual spouter across from Pearl geyser as vigorously active and playing to 3-4 feet (see third picture down below)-- maybe it's because of the new boardwalk, but I had never noticed this thing until this year although it seems like it would be hard to miss; is this an old spring newly reactivated or have I just totally been blinded by the exhilaration of being in Wonderland?? :)  I swear I have never seen it before this year-

Thanks in advance,

Mario Durrant

Tiny Geyser?

Tiny Geyser?

Norris Perpetual Spouter across from Pearl