[Geysers] Geyser report September 5

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 14:41:46 PDT 2006

A relatively uneventful day in the UGB.

Plume had intervals of 77 and 80 minutes while I was there. I departed
before Beehive went.

Castle had a minor at 0703 and had not erupted again as of 1245.

Grand was last evening at 2151E, then today not until 0902. Yes, that is  11h
11m. The eruption was a T2C with a duration of a bit less than 9  minutes.

Grotto Fountain was ie at 0758. Grotto's start time was not noted, but it
turned off at 0928.

At 0914, Giant was ie with a strong hot period. From near Economic, Mastiff
was clearly visible, surging up to probably 3 feet. Upon arrival at the
platform, I saw that "India" had been about 80% flooded.

Daisy had intervals of 2h22m and 2h 09m.

As others have noted, Fan and Mortar are beginning to have cycles that are
better organized than the pure garbage we've been seeing all summer. So there
is  some hope there.

The weather continues hot and dry with occasional wind. Which means that  the
geyser basins are VERY smoky -- indeed, around noon today at the lower store
there was a bit of fire ash falling. Fun.