[Geysers] Geyser report May 18

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu May 18 14:20:43 PDT 2006

I have very little here -- into the park only for a short while before
returning home to chores. I saw quite a few geysers, but the only intervals I  have
are for Lion, initial to #2 of 75 minutes, and Plume, with 65, 61 and 60
minutes.

What I mainly want to report is about Grotto and Giant. I noted in
yesterday's report that Grotto was in marathon at 07:00 and was still in  eruption as
of 13:00. In fact, at 07:00 it had been erupting for quite a while,  as
Marathon and Variable were both down and Bijou was dead. Well, it turns out  that the
marathon was still in progress as late as 20:30 last evening

It was done this morning when I arrived at 07:15, the the runoff channels
had pretty well dried out. It was near 10:00 when we finally saw a bit of water
in Bijou, and the recovery hot period began at 10:20. It had a duration of 9m
 11s. Mastiff repeatedly got up to 3 or 4 feet, and maybe 6 feet during one
surge, but it didn't hold any significant height for more than a few  seconds.