[Geysers] Geyser report May 6

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat May 6 14:14:23 PDT 2006

A short report. Among the geysers for only a short while today, mostly with
wife and stepdaughter.

Yesterday, after its short (less than 3 hour duration) eruption that had
started at 0744, Grotto did not start again until 1803. That's obviously a
remarkably long interval for that short a duration. And with that, perhaps the
Giant system is not broken, for Giant persisted with hot periods -- mostly brief
and weak, for sure, but hot periods nonetheless, through the evening at
intervals as short as an hour or so... Then tht 1803 Grotto turned out to be a
marathon. It didn't stop today until sometime between 1305 and 1330, thus a
duration of a bit over 19 hours.

The Grand I gave up on yesterday finally took place at 1555, an interval of
about 9h25m. The next eruptions were at 2315 (5/5) and today at 0554,
intervals  of 7h20m and 6h39m. We departed befroe the afternoon eruption, which had
not  occurred as of 1330.

Beehive was at 0938 today, after an Indicator of at least 8 minutes (seen
i.e. at 0930), interval of 22h54m.

I have no intervals on anything else today. Link was entered into the
logbook as "possible" yesterday, but I and others feel that it did not erupt  with
anything major.