[Geysers] West Thumb 6-15-06

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 19:04:37 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/16/2006 11:51:31 PM Mountain Standard Time,
ralpht at iglou.com writes:

Like, on the west side of Black Pool a few meters to  the west.  A small vent
less than a foot in  diameter.

I've got to ask -- Ralph might be on the road now, but apparently Mike
Keller knows the location of this feature, called "Skinny Man" Geyser. I gotta
know, given that the "old" North Star Geyser is somewhere within a few meters of
Black Pool (though more to the southwest). So:

1. What is the source of this name.

2. Is it actually west, or is it possibly to the southwest of Black Pool.
And can "a few meters" be defined?

3. Any info about the nature of this activity?

4. What might be the opinion of Mammoth-Gardiner people about this  name?