[Geysers] West Y restaurant warning

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 19 18:57:27 PDT 2006

In West Yellowstone is a restaurant called Chinatown. Tonight my wife and I
went there for dinner. When we got the bill, the charge for the food and tea
was  correctly totalled. However, instead of a proper amount of tax being added
(that  should have been 80 cents), there was instead a charge of $3.90. When
I queried,  I was told that that was a "Service Charge." Baloney. When my wife
noted that we  are residents of West Yellowstone, the waiter said something
similar to "Oh, so  sorry, made a mistake," and removed the charge. Baloney.

There's a business we won't visit again.

I am writing to the local newspaper, since the local Chamber of Commerce's
Webpage states: "The WYCC is not a regulatory agency and therefore, [sic] has
no  authority to inspect these businesses or require that they meet certain
standards..." And there is no BBB here.