[Geysers] Geyser report June 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jun 12 13:56:02 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/12/2006 2:45:41 PM Mountain Standard Time,
TSBryan at aol.com writes:

About the eruption of Ledtge. No question that it happened and no  question
that it was in heavy steam phase yet today. Therein is the mystery to  me. The
only previous time I know of when Ledge erupted and was still in what  could
be called "steam phase" more than 12 to even 18 hours later was in 1974.  And
that was the "last" good eruption of the summer and it took place  at or very
near the time of that seasons major, basin-wide  disturbance.

Which begs the question -- was this eruption an isolated, random event or  is
it associated with something else?

That was me. Today, from MA Bellingham, this:

"Names are hazy after these "dry" years, but definitely saw Arsenic, and
what could be Graceful in eruption. Oddball holes in the ground in Porcelain
Basin were spouting, perhaps some water has come back to the area.

Near  Ledge, the pool called "the palm pool" in the 90's was full.  Guardian
still in steam phase, and the thing next to Yellow Crown Crater (possibly
Crown  Jewel?) splashing and surging.  I will have to reacquaint myself with some
 of the lesser known features.  Back basin:  Root Pool boiling heavily,
Veteran major eruption observed, Yellow Funnel Spring looking like disturbance
era, nearly drained with muddy water eruptiing from the vent.
Big news  to me was...

Vixen observed in a series!"

So I say... hmmm. Sounds awfully like a disturbance to me. Any additional
observations? But shucks. Once again, the joys of ownership in town kept me here
 today. And tomorrow... well, _maybe_ I can get there for a short time in the
 morning. Maybe.