[Geysers] Thanks to geyser people last week...

Bill Johnson mwjohnson at lanl.gov
Wed Jul 26 08:56:02 PDT 2006

I second the thank-you, with a particular thanks to Kitt Barger who picked
up our copy of TSB's book after we left it sitting on the Beehive benches
on Friday following the eruption.  As Kitt could confirm, that's an
incredibly well thumbed-over book with a great deal of sentimental
attachment for us, so we're really happy that someone "adopted" it until we
noticed it was missing.  In general we continued to learn a lot from you
folks, and it was appreciated.

Incidentally, we missed the Sunday Giant by about 45 minutes :-(, and
thereby hangs a tale.  There was a discussion at one point earlier in the
day implying that there would have to be a "sacrifice" to get the thing to
erupt, i.e., somebody would have to leave and just barely miss the
eruption.  I forget who it was that I was talking to, but he was on the
verge of taking one for the team -- until I mentioned that Emily and I had
to start back for New Mexico.  Lo and behold, it "worked"...  Did the guy
who stayed after we left manage to hang around until the eruption?

-- Bill Johnson (and Emily), ugly bearded guy in the orange rainwear.