[Geysers] Sput and Morning

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 1 06:52:51 PDT 2006

Although both the producers and the distributor of The Sput are now in
Yellowstone, this announces that yesterday's (June 30) mail delivered my copy of
the June 2006 Sput.

Now, this is to Ralph Taylor most specifically:

Thanks for the info (in the Sput) about the electronic temperature log at
Fountain Geyser at the time of the reported-apparent eruption of Morning Geyser,
 on March 2, 2006. However, the accompanying chart brings up two questions:

1. The temperature trace on the chart implies a similarly long, if not
longer, interval on March 13. Yes? Was that associated with some sort of  long
duration eruption by Fountain, or by any known "aberrant" behavior?

2. Was the park still open on March 13 (I think so, but am not sure). If  so,
did anybody see anything odd on or about March 13?