[Geysers] GOSA radio shorthand

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat Jul 1 05:39:49 PDT 2006

In a message dated 6/30/2006 10:40:39 PM Mountain Standard Time,
caroloren98 at hotmail.com writes:

For  some, VC means viet cong and brings back
terrible  memories.

And since designer John Sinnock's initials could mean Josef Stalin, even
though Stalin has been dead for over 50 years, some people still want to ban, or
at least have the initials removed from, the Roosevelt dime. Oh, well-- but
at least in 3(?) years we'll be able to say "VEC".

HOWEVER, in practice I'd certainly recommend that people always say  "Visitor
Center" on the radio, since the longer phrase might be more readily  heard in
a "VC" where they already have difficulties.