[Geysers] February Sput (Stephens)

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Feb 27 07:00:09 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/26/2006 5:05:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lstephens.eagle at mail.sisna.com writes:

think  there are a number of "facts without proof" or even "facts that were
proven  long ago and need to be retested" about many geysers.  Geyser behavior
changes (which is what keeps most of us interested).  Hopefully some of  you
will make a few observations of your own,  maybe supplement them with  data
from the OFVC logbook or compare them to results that other people have
reported in The Sput or elsewhere, and report your results either confirming  that an
accepted fact remains true, develop a new "fact", or sugges that  there's
been a change that no one else has mentioned.  You don't have to  collect data
for several weeks or months--depending on the geyser, a few hours  or so might
be sufficient. [snip]
Thanks to Don Might for working on the Webpage. Thanks to Lynn for the
above. I said long ago that I wouldn't push on the Transactions v.10, and I'm  not.
But I will note that short items such as suggested by Lynn would be  great...
On a dull, rainy/snowy day, sit in your car and watch Ragged and  "Jagged" at
Black Sand; or A-0 near Great Fountain. Taken an easy dayhike to the  River
Group? Each of the last two summer, those small vents adjacent to Sentinel
have been active, but I didn't take the time to record data for more than a
handful of minutes. Hey, a geyser's a geyser. Silver Globes. Cauliflower.
Footprint. Dilemma. Kidney... something new....

Scott