[Geysers] Speaking of the Fourth Group

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Feb 23 16:49:14 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/23/2006 4:22:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mabdepot at msn.com writes:

and the Firehole area... I have often wondered what the "Old Geyser" is on
Bechler "Lower Geyser Basin" map.  En route to looking up something  else...

MA

I'm sort of sorry it was only a snip of Bechler's map. (Question: is that
1871?)

Old Geyser -- It looks to me as if it must be one of those several springs
that are southeast of the Pink Cone area, across Tangled Creek, and beyond and
upslope of the Tank. I've often looked over there to where there are quite a
few  features but I've never seen any action.

It's pretty clear, too, that % Minute Spouter is today's Artesia  Geyser.

Thanks. Always fun.