[Geysers] Web cam observations

Kevin & Sherri Leany ksleany at cox.net
Fri Aug 25 17:59:20 PDT 2006

I know the messages on this listserv are archived for someone to read in the future.  If you have read "The Discovery of Yellowstone" (the diary of the Hayden Party), you know how much fun it is to read about their obvservations.  How many of us would love to read the messages that Marler, Herb Warren, John Railey, or John Muller would have posted had this forum been available to them?  Let's face it, some day in the not to distant future we will all be gone.  There is already a new generation of gazers taking over now.  Our observations about this camera will be very interesting to these people along with all our discussions.  Keep in mind that we are now writing a history that generations will be reading.  Can you imagine how amused they will be at all of the uproar over a camera that updates every 30 seconds or so while they are watching it as a video on the big screens with surround sound?  Keep writing.  Our children will enjoy it someday.  Frankly I am enjoying it myself.  I haven't had this much fun since the first time I saw F&M erupt the first time.

Kevin Leany
ksleany at cox.net